Thursday, August 02, 2007

Dear Cathy,

I learned recently that Avril Lavigne is entangled in some sort of copyright dispute. It's alleged she stole the song "Girlfriend" from some 1970s band. I don't really care whether she did or didn't. Mostly what worries me is that there is more than one person that actually wants to take credit for that crap pile of a song. You'd think it would be hard enough to get one person to own up to it. What's next, two dogs going to court over whose shit is on the carpet?

This has really been bothering me recently.

Yr. most humble and obedient servant &c.,
Susie

P.S. On an unrelated note, do you ever grow out of the thing where you always manage to say something really dumb when a cute guy from work is around? I really hope so.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Have you noticed that copyright lawsuits frequently involve embarrassing songs -- wasn't there one over My Sharona for example?

I was looking for a list of these songs (someone must've made one), but I couldn't find one...